This is great for kids and teens looking for community service hours & leadership experience!
Why just volunteer for a few hours at someone else’s charity when you can create and run your own company & your own charity event?
Chess 4 Charity is in the process of expanding to other cities – by helping YOU do the same thing in your home town, for your own favorite non-profit charity. There’s no cost to you for this service – we’re doing this for charity, not for profit – we simply help you replicate our tournament in your hometown – but with your own decisions on what charity to support, and your own customizations .
- We’ll help you plan, promote and runyour own Chess 4 Charity branded event to host in your hometown
- If you want, we can help you launch your own non-profit companyso you can be the CEO & Founder(optional)
- No cost to join the network
- You pick your favorite charity or cause to benefit
We are excited that you are considering joining the Chess 4 Charity Network! Here are some more details and logistics:
The goal would be to unofficially team up to our mutual benefit, to combine certain marketing efforts and messaging, for the benefit of charities. We don’t control you and you don’t control us – we’re just separate, unrelated organizations/people sharing notes and collaborating to informally help each other.
Participation in this Network is voluntary. You, or Chess 4 Charity, can opt out at any time.
Chess 4 Charity is planning to team up with a variety of unaffiliated people and entities in other geographic areas, like you (we call them our Local Partners) to create an unofficial combined association or network, working together for the common goal of promoting charities through chess related activities such as tournaments and volunteer work. We call it the Chess 4 Charity Network or simply, the Network. The Network is not a formal legal entity. You would not be a subsidiary or franchise of Chess 4 Charity, and would not be obligated to follow orders from us. But we would help each other out, for example, with ideas and marketing.
The mutual benefits are:
- Sharing of Best Practices. We have already learned a lot from our past events. We have documented some timelines and logistics, and coach you through how to plan your event.
- Joint Marketing Efforts. We can each promote each other on our respective websites (if you have one) and social media accounts (if you have them), and generally help each other informally in many ways.
- Larger Scale and Credibility. For example, you can start off your first event by saying you’re part of a “Network” or team that has raised over $55,000. This gives you credibility. If you and four other Local Partners raise $2,000 each, we can each say we’re part of a network that has raised over $65,000. This helps us grow faster too, so we both benefit.
Chess 4 Charity, Inc., is a 501c3 non-profit, located in Northern Virginia (near Washington DC), founded by kids, for kids, that has raised over $55,000 to date for kids’ charities.
We hope you join the Network as a Local Partner or at least try it out.
Chess 4 Charity and the various Local Partners are not affiliated in any way, and are independent contractors, collaborating together informally. None of these parties is responsible for any others.
If any party allows the others to use its logos, name, or other intellectual property, it does so solely for co-marketing and does not give up any intellectual property rights. Chess 4 Charity helps the Local Partners informally, but does not make any promises nor guarantee any particular results.
To learn more, contact: